July 1, 2010

Album review: Automatic Loveletter's Truth or Dare

Release date: June 22, 2010
Country of Origin: America

 

For those of you who don't know Automatic Loveletter... get to know them! They're mostly commonly compared with Paramore (1 chick and the rest dudes) but seriously besides there isn't much similarities. Automatic Loveletter sounds a bit grittier, which I prefer sometimes depending on my mood. 

They've been around since 2007 but for some reason this is their first full length album. The rest have unfortunately only been EPs. I remember stalking them on them on their myspace a couple years ago thinking to myself how awesome it was that finally another female singer was singing metal(ish) sound. 

I'm going to be putting this album on repeat for a couple of days. The instrumentals sound original and nice albeit kind of simple and the vocals deliver the lyrics powerfully. :) 

Top tracks: 
 Heart Song - I love the chorus.
Don't  Let Me Down - Let's fall in love again. <3


Rating: 8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment